Information for Employers
As a valued client of SummaCare, we want to keep you up-to-date on the provisions and mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), as well as what the reform law means for you and the type of coverage you offer your employees. Quality Coverage Focused On Your Employees
SummaCare has already implemented numerous provisions of the ACA, including:
- Coverage of adult dependents up to age 26 (under federal and state law).
- Coverage of certain preventive services at 100 percent including, mammograms, immunizations and well-child care visits
- Coverage of additional women's preventive services at 100 percent (effective for new and/or renewing members as of August 1, 2012)
- Elimination of lifetime limits of coverage
- Regulation of annual limits of coverage
- Distribution of Summary Benefits of Coverage documents (SBCs) to help your employees better understand their benefit plan
ACA Mandates Impacting the Coverage You Offer Your Employees
Please check www.healthcare.gov for updates and news regarding ACA mandates that may impact how you shop for and purchase health insurance coverage.
The information contained in this section is provided for informational purposes only.
Learn more about health insurance by watching Health Insurance Explained: The YouToons Have it Covered, written and produced by the Kaiser Family Foundation.