Large Group Employers
Although some mandates of the ACA apply to all employer groups, others depend on the number of employees you have. Mandates applying to all employer groups, regardless of size, include:
ACA mandates impacting Large Group Employers (51+ employees) include:
- Effective January 1, 2015, employers with a certain number of employees (generally 50 full-time or an equivalent of 50 full-time equivalents (FTEs)) are subject to Employer Shared Responsibility provisions.
- Employers who don't offer minimum essential coverage to employees may face tax penalties in the respective tax year.
- Plans offered by large group employers must provide minimum value, which is considered to be 60% of expected costs.
- Coverage has to be affordable (the employee’s share of the premium shouldn't cost more than 9.5% of that employee’s annual household income).
- Large group plans are not available for purchase through the SHOP; instead, these plans are available from a health insurance company and can be purchased anytime of the year.
- SummaCare offers a variety of plans, pharmacy riders and networks so you can build a product that works for you and your employees. For more information, contact your broker, independent insurance agent or SummaCare.