Health Insurance Marketplace
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Insurance Marketplace is a new way for individuals, families and small businesses to get health insurance. The Marketplace allows for individuals, families and small businesses to compare health plans, get answers to questions, find out if they are eligible for tax credits or premium subsidies, facilitate eligibility determinations for individuals for health programs like the Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) and enroll in a qualified health plan (QHP).
The Marketplace can help you:
- Look for and compare private health plans
- Get answers to questions about your health coverage options
- Find out if you’re eligible for health programs or tax credits that make coverage more affordable
- Enroll in a health plan that meets your needs
SummaCare has a shopping site - www.MySummaCare.com
- that makes it easy for individuals to get a quote, view plan options and apply for financial assistance in the form of a subsidy. Our shopping site is integrated with the Health Insurance Marketplace, making it a one-stop destination for shopping and purchasing individual coverage.
Additional Information and Resources
- For more information on the Health Insurance Marketplace, visit healthcare.gov.