Special Enrollment Periods
Between February 1 and November 14, you can only enroll in a plan if you have a qualifying event that creates a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
Qualifying events that create a SEP include:
- Getting married;
- Having, adopting or placement of a child;
- Getting divorced, legally separated or having a death in the family and losing health coverage;
- Gaining or becoming a dependent due to a child support or other court order;
- Permanently moving to a new area that offers different health plan options;
- Losing other health coverage;
- A change in eligibility for Marketplace coverage or help paying for coverage;
- Enrollment or plan error;
- Other qualifying changes.