Posted October 13, 2022 by Sue Crawford
SummaCare is committed to contributing to a healthy community by guiding members to be the healthiest versions of themselves. That’s why we take pride in going beyond basic Medicare with valuable extra benefits designed to fit your different needs to reach optimal health.
Every year, we are pleased to add Medicare Advantage extra benefits and enhancements to our plans — and this year is no different.
We’re thrilled to introduce our new Medicare Advantage plan for 2023: Jade (HMO) with Bene-Flex. It’s our first customizable Medicare Advantage plan option that empowers you to take control of your coverage by creating your own package of benefits unique to you.
With Jade, you select the benefits to add to already built-in comprehensive medical and prescription drug (Part D) coverage, as well as dental, vision, hearing, over-the-counter items and travel benefit starting at $19/month.
Think of it as a build-your-own Medicare Advantage plan to better fit your needs. With Jade, you receive core supplemental benefits and then you tailor your plan by selecting five from more than 15 additional wellness options to add to your plan, as follows:
- Assist America®
Tier 1 (Pick 3)
- Massage Therapy – 10 visits
- Acupuncture – 10 visits
- Fitness Tracker – FitBit
- Toenail Trimming - 6 times per year
- Nutrition Coaching – 4 visits
- BrainHQ Memory Fitness – Annual subscription
Tier 2 (Pick 1)
- Papa Pals to Hand Out and Help Out (80 hours)
- Chiropractic Care – 10 visits
- Transportation – 24 one-way trips
- Indoor Air Quality – Air purifier*
- Post-Discharge Meal Delivery – 28 meals
- Chronic Care Meal Delivery – 84 meals**
Tier 3 (Pick 1)
- Flex Card for Vision, Dental and Hearing - $550 additional allowance on SummaCare Visa to lower out-of-pocket expenses
- Healthy Grocery Allowance** - $40 monthly allowance on your SummaCare Visa Card
- PERS (Personal Emergency Response System)
- Home Safety Devices - $400 allowance, not limited by diagnosis
*Requires a diagnosis of COPD – including asthma, chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema
**Requires a diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and/or congestive heart failure.
You can update your Bene-Flex Extras every year. As your needs change, Jade with Bene-Flex changes with them.
What’s more, Jade with Bene-Flex features access to top local providers in our Medicare network including access to thousands of providers in our Medicare network including:
- Summa Health
- Cleveland Clinic, including Cleveland Clinic Akron General
- University Hospitals
- Mercy Health
- And many more!
2023 SummaCare Medicare Advantage plans
Jade with Bene-Flex is just the beginning. We offer Medicare Advantage plans that start with comprehensive medical and prescription drug (Part D) coverage — with no deductibles. From there, you select the plan that’s right for your needs and budget.
Discover SummaCare’s full suite of Medicare Advantage plans — starting as low as $0 per month. Some of these other plans feature benefits, such as:
- $2,000 annual allowance for dental coverage, including extractions, root canals, bridges, crowns and dentures
- $395 or $695 hearing aid copays
- Snowbird travel benefit for those who winter in Arizona, Florida or Texas SummaCare Visa Card to purchase over-the-counter supplies at retail locations, online and by phone
SummaCare’s Medicare Advantage plan benefits
While most health plans simply want you to join, at SummaCare, we make sure you’ll want to stay. Our plans go beyond basic Medicare with valuable extra benefits designed to fit your needs. Here are just a few of these extra benefits our members are already enjoying at no additional cost:
- BrainHQ: BrainHQ is your online headquarters for working out your brain. Just as our bodies require care and exercise over the course of life, so do our brains — especially as we age. BrainHQ provides the exercise your brain needs to be at its sharpest.
- SilverSneakers: The SilverSneakers fitness program is the nation’s leading wellness program for Medicare beneficiaries. You’ll receive a fitness membership at no cost to you with access to basic amenities, group exercise classes and online resources at more than 17,000 participating fitness locations.
- Papa Pals to Help Out and Hang Out: Papa pairs older adults and families with Papa Pals for companionship and assistance with everyday tasks. Get help around the house, including light housework, a ride to the doctor’s office, pharmacy (or anywhere around town), help with errands or simply someone to talk to. Providing support to SummaCare Medicare Advantage members also offers relief and respite to caregivers.
- Meal Delivery: You are covered for meals that fuel healthy living! Following a hospital stay or if you have diabetes with a high A1C level, you can receive home-delivered, nutritious meals to help you focus on rest and recovery.
- Telehealth Services: You’re covered for telehealth visits with primary care providers, specialists and/or behavioral health and substance abuse providers. Visits can be scheduled through in-network providers or through Teladoc®. Teladoc visits can be scheduled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Acupuncture Services: You’re covered for general acupuncture services on most plans. If you have chronic low back pain, you’re covered on all plans.
- Therapeutic Massage Services: You’re covered for therapeutic massage services performed by in-network providers on most plans.
- Transportation: You’re covered for a defined number of trips to medical appointments. Most trips can be scheduled in as little as 15 minutes, and you can see providers throughout SummaCare’s 33-county service area.
- PERS (Personal Emergency Response System): The PERS benefit, offered through ConnectAmerica, provides 24/7 emergency assistance and care, increasing safety, independence and extending quality of life while enabling individuals to safely age in place. GPS-enabled to work outside the home. This benefit is offered with the Emerald plan and can be selected with Jade.
The Annual Enrollment Period for Medicare Advantage plans runs from October 15th to December 7th. You can start viewing our plans on 10/1. If you have questions about Medicare, call a SummaCare Medicare Advisor at 330.996.8440 or (toll-free) 888.464.8440 (TTY 800.750.0750). They’re available to take your call from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday. We also offer virtual and in-person seminars.
For more information, to compare plans or enroll, visit www.summacare.com/medicare.
SummaCare is an HMO and HMO-POS plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in SummaCare depends on contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network. Some of the benefits mentioned are part of a special supplemental program for the chronically ill. Not all members qualify for all benefits. Fitbit® is a registered trademark of Fitbit LLC and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries.